Article Tools

Font size
+
Share This
EmailFacebookTwitter

Photo: N/A, License: N/A, Created: 2018:02:13 15:19:30

This photo of Luzerne Avenue in West Pittston looking across Wyoming Avenue toward the Water Street Bridge in 1909 shows the heart of West Pittston’s downtown shopping district. The large building on the left is the Carr Block, which was demolished after the 1972 Agnes Flood because of structural damage. The home to the east of the Carr Building sits on the other side of Wyoming Avenue and was either torn down or burned down. A Sunoco gas station was built on that site, then later the West Side Bank. Today it is a parking lot. Photo courtesy of Boyd Hitchner and the West Pittston Historical Society.